cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarita
Level 2

Check if application is already running while modify installer

I need to work on modify installer.

The steps I have to follow is - If my application is running in the background while I modify the installer I should get a popup message to first close the application and then try again.

If application not running then simply proceed with the modify / remove installer.

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with it. 

What I did was created a custom action and called it on button click of Modify, there I need to check for the application status (whether it is running in the background or not).

I need suggestion in finding a solution for the application status running in the background.

I tried with tasklists window command but that doesn't seems to be working as I m getting build issues in installer ('tasklists' : undefined identifier).

Any suggestion / solution would be great help. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

You would need to create a custom action to identify if your applications process is running or not and then create a Property depending on what the result was.

You can then use that Property in a Launch Condition to tell the customer and cancel the install.

0 Kudos

Yes, I figured out that. I need to know how to identify if my application is running in the background.

0 Kudos