cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbrown
Level 6

Changes to LaunchAppandWait??

I am creating a new installer using IS 2008. Installscript MSI project. I have carried over code from my IS 12 Installscript MSI project. However it does not work.
I have messageboxed both my program and cmd line and they look right. I have even run the exe. by opening a cmd window, drag and drop the exe from the SUPPORTDIR location and typed in the cmd line and it works fine but it will not work from within my script.

sProgram = SUPPORTDIR ^ SUPPORT_FILE;
sCmdLine = '\"' + sConfigFilePath + '\" \"' + sURL + '\" \"' + sName + '\" \"' + sDescription + '\" ' + sName + ' Remove';
LaunchAppAndWait(sProgram, sCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT|LAAW_OPTION_HIDDEN);

In IS 12 did LaunchAppandWait use cmd.exe and IS2008 use Windows API function CreateProcess??

I'm at a loss!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
sbrown
Level 6

I found part of the problem. I found the temp folder where my support files were extracted to. the problem is that 3 minutes later another temp folder was created and the installshield files were extracted there but mine were not. and when I messagebox the SUPPORTDIR path. It is the second folder that does not contain my files.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Sure, look at the sticky in this forum. A couple of years ago the InstallScript engine was refactored ( starting with IS12 ) and SUPPORTDIR is no longer valid. Do MsiGetProperty ( hMSI, "SUPPORTDIR"......); instead.
0 Kudos