cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

Minus upgrade left dll and xml file un-updated

Hi,

I am working on a InstallShield Script MSI project with IS2008, it's using 'Small' upgrade.

The problem is that there is one .dll file and .xml file that are not updated after running upgrading.

In the previous releases, the two files were made in the same component with the dll file set as key file. And the component was marked 'COM Extract at Build' as 'Yes'. And there were two copies of the component in two different features, the two features sometime coexist, sometime only one is selected, depending on user's selection.

Now I made the two files as two separate components (dll still as 'COM Extract at Build' to yes), and put them in the common feature that will be always selected, so only one copy in the feature tree. But the upgrading still doesn't work. In upgrading log file, I found the following loging info about the two files:

MSI (s) (74:84) [15:18:51:878]: Component: __MVersionDbUpdate_dll65; Installed: Null; Request: Null; Action: Null
MSI (s) (74:84) [15:18:51:878]: Component: MVersionDbUpdate_dll; Installed: Local; Request: Null; Action: Null
MSI (s) (74:84) [15:20:19:737]: Executing op: RegClassInfoRegister(Feature=Setup_Common,Component={EE10B5F0-5516-4ABF-A2B3-C34D6409AF97},,ClsId={3354FB12-F43B-44CC-B4C2-1AB18A1796AC},ProgId=MVersionDbUpdate.McUpdateDb.1,VIProgId=MVersionDbUpdate.McUpdateDb,Description=McUpdateDb Class,Context=InprocServer32,,,,,,,,,)
MSI (s) (74:84) [15:20:19:847]: Executing op: RegProgIdInfoRegister(ProgId=MVersionDbUpdate.McUpdateDb.1,ClsId={3354FB12-F43B-44CC-B4C2-1AB18A1796AC},,Description=McUpdateDb Class,,,VIProgId=MVersionDbUpdate.McUpdateDb,VIProgIdDescription=McUpdateDb Class,)

Can anybody know how to interpret the log info, and if a possible solution for this?

I am also thinking to force the copy/replacement of the two files, but the program files are also compressed to one .cab file, so I can't provide a source loation of the files.

Help please, I am running out time 😞
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Sorry, that's a component rule violation. A small update/minor upgrade can't do that.
0 Kudos