cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_W
Level 6

Change the Caption in InstallScript MSI project?

Hi All

Is there a way to remove " - InstallShield Wizard" from dialog captions? It's easy to do in a Basic MSI project, but this property is not available on the UI in an InstallScript MSI project. So I guess I have to do it in code, but everything I've tried so far (like SetDialogTitle, etc.) hasn't worked. Maybe I'm just too low on caffeine to find the answer? 😞
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps set the InstallScript system variable IFX_SETUP_TITLE to the value you want?
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

I didn't even realize you can change that in the Basic MSI. Where is that, if I may ask?
0 Kudos
Alex_W
Level 6

Hi

If you open your project on the Installation Designer tab and select:
User Interface | Dialogs | the InstallWelcome dialog (and expand the tree under that dialog). Next click on the dialog layout and the UI will be displayed in a window with a properties list. The top property is "Caption" and its default value is something like "[yourProject] - Installshield Wizard". If you edit this property, the value will be used for all other dialogs in your project from that point on.

Since a pic is worth 1K words, see the last post in this thread: http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=169042&highlight=Caption

Oh, and thanks Robert, changing IFX_SETUP_TITLE nailed it.
0 Kudos