cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faroflexera
Level 3

Change setup.exe file name for InstallScript project

Hi,

I have Installshield 2021 and it is an InstallScript project. How can I change the name of the setup.exe so that the name I specified appears as Original File Name when I right click and open the properties of the exe.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @faroflexera,

Thank you for your post.

Navigate to Media > Releases > Release > Setup.exe. The file name that you specify for Single .exe File Name will be listed as the Original filename in the Properties of the setup.exe. I tried with a Network Image type of release. Which release type are you using?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I am using CD-ROM media format for my release. Will it work with this format?

0 Kudos

Hi @faroflexera,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I tested and confirmed that the same steps work for a CD-ROM release. Please give those previously mentioned steps a try. Do they work for you?

0 Kudos

I tried it. It's working. Thank you.

The original file name in the properties is changing. Is there a way to change the name of the setup.exe name?

Can we do this programmatically? I have to put in version number in the name and doing it programmatically makes it simpler.

0 Kudos

Hi @faroflexera,

The same steps change the name of the setup.exe file itself also.

You could try writing an automation script via the automation interface to programmatically set the Single .exe File Name.

0 Kudos

The setup.exe file name doesn't change for me. But, when I right click on the setup.exe, go to Properties->Details, the original file name changed to what I specified.

0 Kudos

Hi @faroflexera,

We'll need a support ticket (case) to track this issue. Could you please open a case with our Support Team by email at support@revenera.com or by phone at (877) 279-2853?

0 Kudos

ok. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

ok. You're welcome.