cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmccue
Level 4

Change install path of merge module during install?

Hello,

In my installation, I have a single code base that's in a VS mergemodule. Everything installs fine, but now I have a customer request I'm not quite sure how to handle.

The code base is used for 2 different version of the application, basically, the app gets installed, and based on choices they made during the install process sets some values that tells the application how it's supposed to run. This is all fine.

Now they want the app installed to a different directory based on the options they choose.

So at the moment, I have the app installing to C:\dir-a\dir-b, regardless of the options they choose. But they want it to install to c:\dir-a\dir-c if they choose certain options.

How can I change the destination in the mergemodule to a property value, then using a vb custom action change the value of the property to the desired directory, but I keep getting an error code -6058 when adding that merge module during compile. I even created a property in Property Manager for the destination property and gave it a default path but that's not working either.

It's a basic MSI project, by the way.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated,
Mike
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
alegerlotz
Level 7

I'd like to do this as well... Does anyone have experience with this?
0 Kudos