cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Chained Uninstall order

We are creating our first Chained install project that will install according to dependency order.
We can set the order in which the products are installed, which is good because we have a Common Platform package that has to be installed first as well as there are some childern packages that have to be installed in a specific order as well.

This works great, but during uninstall of the Parent we figured that it would uninstall according to reverse installed order. But it does not seem the case!!!

Is there any way to make sure the parent uninstalls in the reverse order of how it was installed 😞

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
manomatt
Level 8

I found this in the IS help library:

If your main installation includes several chained .msi packages, InstallShield uses the Order column in the ISChainPackage table of the main installation to determine the order in which the chained packages should be launched at run time. All uninstallations are processed in reverse order, from highest to lowest order number; all installations are processed in forward order, from lowest to highest order number.

I tried it and it was working.....
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

I have comfirmed that order and it is correctly ordered, but no matter what I try it will attempt to uninstall the First one installed just before the previous one causing my error.

I installed most of my features and then ran the uninstall and it seems to correctly uninstall all of them in the currect uninstall order except for the second to last one, the one that was set ot 2 in the install order. At this point it will attempt to uninstall the #1 installed order product.

Maybe my app order list is corrupted, but then I would think that it would affect my install order as well, but that works correctly.

Is there anything that I can look at to see if there are an issues that can solve this?

Thanks,
0 Kudos