cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Chained MSIs

We need to install a chained MSI with our product but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I've seen the chained MSI screen but we need to install this MSI based on a feature selection and not already installed. What is the syntax for that? Also, how do I ensure that the MSI is not removed when our software is uninstalled?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
honolua
Level 7

Nobody can help me with the condition syntax for a Chained MSI attached to a single feature?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does the &FeatureName syntax described in "Conditional Statement Syntax" work?

If you haven't yet, you might consider also looking at the white paper on the topic, mentioned in this thread at the top of the forum: [thread]185662[/thread].
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

I tried to download the whitepaper. After I got through the registration I got a link to the PDF file but the redirection no longer works. I was not able to collect the whitepaper.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I'm told that the link is now back in working order.
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

Indeed it is. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

So honolua have you got chaining to do what you wanted?

We are looking at Chaining a bunch of our install projects together to make a kind of suite install but need to know if it can handle Web downloads where it will only download and install the user selected features as well as if it can handle patching/Minor upgrades as well?

Have you experience in any of these methods? How about admin installs - does the admin have a single msi to push or do they still have to push the individual msi projects?

Thanks for your input.
0 Kudos