cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnsatwik
Level 2

Caps Lock popup message hiding radio buttons

Hi,

I have a Radio button group with 2 radio buttons and password edit box.
During the execution of the project, clicking on password edit box and pressing caps lock button twice hides the radio buttons.

Is it a bug in the product?

Thanks and Regards,
Vithal
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Johannes_T
Level 6

Hey Vithal,
I can't reproduce your problem. Do you see the "Attention, caps lock activated"* message when you activate it while the password field has the focus?

Greetings

*) Don't know the english message.
0 Kudos
vnsatwik
Level 2

Hi Johannes_T,

Yes, I see "Caps Locked" Message when password field has the focus. At this stage, if Caps Lock button is pressed again, "Caps Locked" Message disappers and radio buttons get hidden.

Thanks,
Vithal
0 Kudos

Hi Installshield - Do we have any fix this problem ? i have tried multiple ways still this problem exists. 

Please let us know.  thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos

Hi @aravindan_ssn ,

If i get the issue correctly when you enter value on password box having CAPS lock ON/pressing CAPS lock key multiple times,half of radio button texts will disappear.But when you click near radio button controls you could get back to normal state.Correct?

This is the behavior i observed with InstallShield 2018-R2.

Looks like this seems to be an msi issue where InstallShield can't do anything about this.I can't see the same happening with InstallScript project since that is running on InstallShield's own engine(not on msi based engine).You can validate the same behavior with any other non-installshield generated MSI setup which has the same UI controls on it,i think you will see the same there.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

I have seen similar issue in Installscript project also.

Pressing Caps Locks twice from Edit Field which has Password property enabled, Hides the Text Area from dialog. But same thing works in case of Normal Edit field.

Any Idea why this kind of behavior?

Thanks,
Denish

0 Kudos

I found this issue for HTML Control on a Dialog not for regular text. If Dialog has text area as HTML format then clicking 2 times caps locks hide some part of that Text. After changing text to normal works fine.

0 Kudos