cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erik_buchholz
Level 2

Cannot make release on account of Internal Build Error -6109

I cannot build a release. I am using Visual Studio 2013. My application builds and runs fine.

I just started with Visual Studio and C# last week, so I am new at this. I'm normally an embedded C guy so this is new to me.

I have followed the steps in Flexera's official video and I have tried several other videos. My process is correct according to those videos.

However, I keep getting this warning and this error:

"Warning 1 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework. ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework."

My understanding of the warning is that .NET needs to be installed on the target PC. That being said, the build of a setup should work and if there is a problem, it would be discovered upon installing, not building. Am I wrong about this?

"Error 2 -6109: Internal build error ISEXP : error : -6109: Internal build error"

There seem to be many complaints about this non-specific -6109 error all over the internet. I am disappointed that Flexera could not be bothered with creating a more useful error message. Also, Flexera's hint page seems pretty cheap in that it has pulled from various threads as opposed to providing solutions to these threads.

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q109435

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks heaps!
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Erik,

For the warning 6245, please refer the below link:

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q107665

This warning is known to occur when at least one component in your project contains .NET properties, but the .NET Framework has not been installed. If you are installing an application that contains .NET assemblies, the .NET Framework should be bundled with your setup unless the setup is only targeting machines that are known to have the .NET Framework already installed.

Yes, your understanding is right about the .NET properties being installed on the target PC. But, it has to be included in the setup project release.

Error 6109 Internal Build Error might occur due to various reasons.

As a workaround: Changing project setting such as setting .net scan at build to none or specifying that files in the project should not be built can help you work around the issue without having to make huge changes in your InstallShield project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos