cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Videstra
Level 7

Cannot install shortcut to Programs\Startup

I have to install a program shortcut to the Program->Startup under Windows XP Pro (32 bit) and Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). So far I have only authored the installer for XP. When I run the installer though everything works, except the installation of the shortcut to the Program->Startup folder.
I didn't do anything weird in the Shortcut installation - it's not advertised - just a normal shortcut.
During the install I get the following error:

Warning 1909. Could not create shortcut [Application Name].lnk. Verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it.

The installation continues just fine - and everything is installed and runs properly. The installer also installs a service which works fine. The only problem is placing the shortcut into Programs->Startup.

I've tried it on multiple computers, verified that there is no AV running, and am running under an administrative account.

Any Ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Videstra
Level 7

I was able to solve this problem by deleting the shortcut I had made by hand - then going to the "Project Assistant" tab and creating the shortcut using the "Application Shortcuts" node. This only creates a shortcut in the Program Files area, but I simply dragged and dropped it into the startup group over on the "Installation Designer" tab.
Why my manually created one did not work, and the "Project Assistant" one worked remains an :confused: enigma...

Des
0 Kudos