cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyshadow
Level 3

Cannot install application executable files by using InstallShield 2013 LE

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET console application. I would like to add execution file, config file and related ddls in setup program using InstallShield
I add project outputs and select Content Files and Primary Output, however, it can't install correct executable files that my application can be executed.

Can anyone advise on this how to add project output?

Working Environment:
MS Visual Studio Professional 2012
InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition

Thanks,
Tony
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

In the Project Assistant > Application Files view, there should be a Add Project Outputs button.
During build time, the output files from the solution should be added dynamically.
0 Kudos
tonyshadow
Level 3

kyi wrote:
In the Project Assistant > Application Files view, there should be a Add Project Outputs button.
During build time, the output files from the solution should be added dynamically.

I select Primary output in Project Outputs. Then I select Dependencies from scan at build and make sure that necessary dependencies (referenced dlls) are checked

After installation, I only find 2 files. One is application file (exe) and other is config file. No any dlls are generated.

When I build the project in VS 2012. I can find many files including dlls under bin\Release folder

Thanks,
Tony
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

After building the MSI file, open it using Orca and look in the file table.
Do you see any of the missing files?
0 Kudos