cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

Cannot find DevExpress dlls

When setting up the setup i am able to add the source files and content files. However I get several warnings that is cannot find the devexpress dlls. I do not know what to do at this point. Where are the primary content files suppose to be so they can be added by Install shield?
Help?
I am using VS 2012 Premium, DevEpress, and InstallShield Express LE
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you refer the help topic “Adding Project Output from Web Services or a Web Application" and let us know if it helps.

You may also refer the below post regarding the new version of Installshield Limited edition.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=202622
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

"To obtain the update, you can use the Check for Updates feature in InstallShield. To check for updates from within InstallShield Limited Edition:
On the InstallShield LE menu, click Check for Updates.
InstallShield launches FlexNet Connect, which checks for updates."

Either i am doing something wrong but i cannot find the LE menu much less check for updates. Where is the menu hiding?

You know it would be really nice if i could get someone to just help instead of giving me a million different directions to go to find something that should be easy to find.
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

I cannot find the menu item you all are talking about and i cannot find the LE menu bar either.
Help, please...at this point i am ready to call it quits. I have never been so frustrated in my life as i have been with this new release of visual studio and your software.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Kindly refer the attached screenshot regarding the check for updates option.
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

Yep and the reason i never found it earlier is that it only shows up when you add the setup project or click on it after its added. Duh...sorry...If you check the attachment you will see there are no new updates outstanding.

I did manage to get the dlls added but only after starting the project from scratch.

It may have been just too many iterations over the years, so rebuilding from scratch gave me the chance for cleaning it all up.

Sorry to be such a pain... but MS really did no one a favor by making all the changes they did without plenty of checklists to make sure older projects would not crash.

My 2 cents...

But I do appreciate you taking the time to help me as you did.
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

In the screen shot I sent, there is a note that says that the product is not registered. I got the email with the registration number and that is how i am able to use the product. Was I suppose to register it somewhere else as well?
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

You would be prompted to enter the license key and activate or use the evaluation version during the first time use of InstallShield limited edition.
0 Kudos
ISSYS-Arjan
Level 2

I got exactly the same problem with Devexpress dlls. I already posted it at:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=203034

(I requested to move my thread to this forum)
0 Kudos
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

We had to create a new project and add each webpage one at a time compiling between them so that the file would be found by the InstallShield portion.
However after doing all that work and closing VS we found that we had to do it again when we reopened it.
We finally decided to drop Install Shield and wait until they mature.
Doing some research we found that this problem has existed for some time and is also an issue with their major versions as well.
Their only solution was that they were looking into it...
0 Kudos