cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpm
Level 4

Cannot create directory error -5047

Does anyone else have this error pop up at the end of a build? This is extremely frustrating!! I have to reboot, and not start up any other apps, then cross my fingers and hope that I can get a build to go through. I have an Installscript MSI project making a Compressed release. At the very end of the build, it tries to create a temporary folder and fails.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

KB article Q108431 discusses this build error and provides some possible resolutions.
0 Kudos
kevinpm
Level 4

Without changing the project properties in any manner, sometimes that error pops up and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time I can fix it by closing out InstallShield and then opening it up again. I am thinking Windows might just randomly fail on the call to create a temporary directory.

Thanks
0 Kudos
kevinpm
Level 4

It seems to happen less often if I change the release properties for the Compression -> Cab Optimization Type to 'None'.
0 Kudos
somecoder
Level 2

I get this randomly too. Usually when trying to build multiple similar builds. The solution is to delete .tmp and other files from the Windows Temp folder. In most but not all cases where this fails there are leftover .TMP folders in the TEMP folder that were created by InstallShield either building the install or running an install. Cleaning the temp folder makes it work the next time almost 90+ % of the time but I still can't find an exact cause or correlation.

kkppmm wrote:
Does anyone else have this error pop up at the end of a build? This is extremely frustrating!! I have to reboot, and not start up any other apps, then cross my fingers and hope that I can get a build to go through. I have an Installscript MSI project making a Compressed release. At the very end of the build, it tries to create a temporary folder and fails.
0 Kudos
kevinpm
Level 4

Thanks. I also randomly get an error extracting an icon for a shortcut during a build. I just rebuild again and eventually get no errors!
0 Kudos