cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickeluring
Level 3

Cannot build 32-bit installations on 64-bit OS!

After upgrading my machine to a 64-bit Win 7, I cannot build installation packages any more.
When I try to build my Basic MSI projects I get error -5008 with a message saying:
"Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream".

If I set the Template Summary to "x64; 1033" as requested by Installshield, the installation will compile but I cannot run the installation on 32-bit machines.

Can it really be the case that I have to get an extra 32-bit computer just to build installation packages that will run on 32-bit Windows!? :mad:

The same Basic MSI project compiles fine on the same 64-bit Win 7 machine if I use Installshield 2009.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

Check your all components' 64bit-Component setting, set to No.
0 Kudos
Nickeluring
Level 3

Thanks.
They all are set to No. Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you create a new project from scratch and add one feature and component, is the problem reproducible?
0 Kudos
Nickeluring
Level 3

Good point!
You're right, if I create a new project with just a couple of files, it'll compile fine.
Thank you. I'll restart my installation from scratch, add a few bits at the time, and compile frequently to see what breaks it.

Sometimes you just get stuck in your thoughts. I could have come up with an idea to try that myself... :rolleyes:

Thanks Kevin and Hidenori for helping! 🙂
0 Kudos