cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Dougan
Level 3

Cannot activate - Error 20676

Hello,

I have a node-locked license for InstallShield 2013 Premier. I returned the license on the machine because the machine was going to be upgraded from Win 7 to Windows Server 2008. Eventually we designed against the Windows upgrade so I re-activated InstallShield on the same machine to continue using InstallShield. Then very recently I returned the license again and uninstalled because I was curious to evaluate InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition for Visual Studio (ISLE). I have since uninstalled ISLE and reinstalled Premier edition. It could be that the license was also returned at one time or another over the last few months, but I can't be sure. Unfortunately there is no feedback in the UI that indicates how many returns are remaining.

To make a long story short, I am now in a situation where I cannot reactivate InstallShield 2013 Premier on this machine. I get Error 20676. This is very frustrating as I am trying to re-activate the product the *same* machine -- I am not trying to transfer the license to a new machine. Why should it matter how many times the license is returned and reactivated on the *same* machine? I can certainly see why there should be a limit on transferring the license from one machine to another, but that is not applicable to my situation.

I have sent InstallShield support a message on April 4 and am awaiting a response.

Thank you,
Rob Dougan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Rob_Dougan
Level 3

I spoke to InstallShield Support... the activation issue is resolved now.

Thanks
0 Kudos