cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPRaven
Level 3

Can't include .NET Framework 2.0 to my build

Hi all

I need to include the .NET Framework 2.0 to my application build.
On the Releases page, I am setting the .Net Framework Location to "Copy from Source Media" and selecting ".NET 2.0"

When I try to build the release, I get the following error:

Error -6247: The .NET Framework redistributable C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS 2008 Express\Redist\0409\i386\dotnetfx20.exe is not found on the system. To download this file, go to the Build Your Release View, and then select the .NET 2.0 Core Language or .NET 2.0 Language Packs property to download new languages.. To download more .NET redistributables, go to the Tools menu and select the "Redistributable Downloader".

IS seems to be looking for a file named "dotnetfx20.exe" that doesnt exist on my machine. There is a file named "dotnetfx.exe" in the same folder but I'm pretty sure it's for a previous version of .Net. I've tried renaming it to "dotnetfx20.exe" but although the build then works, setup fails with an error message about "... cannot find 1033dotnetredist.exe"

Does anybody out there have the "dotnetfx20.exe" file or know how to fix this issue?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Please rename the dotnetfx.exe file back (it should be under 500k, otherwise you have the wrong one and should consider moving it aside and running InstallShield's repair). Then use the Redistributable Downloader from the Tools menu, and download ".NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package" (which unfortunately gets alphabetized in the middle of the language packages).
0 Kudos
JPRaven
Level 3

Thanks, I've now downloaded the redistributable and everything now works fine.
0 Kudos
jaiprakashv
Level 2

Hi Michael,

I downloaded ".NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package" by using Tools->downloader. download is completed successfully but I am unable to find downloaded file.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

-Jai

MichaelU wrote:
Please rename the dotnetfx.exe file back (it should be under 500k, otherwise you have the wrong one and should consider moving it aside and running InstallShield's repair). Then use the Redistributable Downloader from the Tools menu, and download ".NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package" (which unfortunately gets alphabetized in the middle of the language packages).
0 Kudos
evdIS11
Level 2

I have the exact same issue as jaiprakashv while using InstallShield 11 Professional. I expect it to be in the InstallShield Objects/Merge Modules after downloading it, but I can't find it.
0 Kudos
Chip_Keen
Level 4

I can't speak for IS 11, but in 2008 Express, you need to add the location of your download to the Merge Module Locations via: Tools / Options / Merge Module Options. HTH
0 Kudos