cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhi130182
Level 2

Can't generate compressed setup with IsCmdBld.exe

Hi, I have an InstallScript project, when I build the project from the command line using IsCmdBld.exe, it generates an uncompressed installer. Prerequisites folder comes with the setup file. but I need compress setup into singleImage Setup.exe file.

The command I'm running is:

ISCmdBld.exe -p "D:\project.ism" -c "COMP" -y "SetupName" -r "SingleImage" -e Y

Is there something I'm missing to generate a compressed exe file?

Thanks in advanced.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

For InstallScript project, you can use ReleasePackager.exe to compress your image after ISCmdBld.

ReleasePackager.exe "disk_images_folder" "package_file" ["icon_file" [icon_index]]
0 Kudos
abhi130182
Level 2

Thanks Kevin for your response. while I tried ReleasePackager.exe command line operation I found such error message:-

Error. The source specified in the first parameter is not a valid InstallShield media. You must specify either the Disk Images folder or the Disk1 folder of your release, and the media header Data1.hdr must be present.

Command I am using:-
ReleasePackager.exe "D:\SPC-BCS-Setup\NON-DLMS\InstallShield-Setup\Non_DLMS\PROJECT_ASSISTANT\SingleImage\DiskImages\DISK1" "D:\SPC-BCS-Setup\NON-DLMS\InstallShield-Setup\Non_DLMS\PROJECT_ASSISTANT\SingleImage\DiskImages\DISK1\setup.exe"
0 Kudos