cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haazmaaz
Level 3

Can't build install, errorr 7108 ?

Hello everyone, when i build my project it shows error 7108, %s is too large to store in a CAB (2GB maximum). My installation size is 15GB and one of files are more than 2GB (3.2GB, 2.55GB etc). How to solve it? I edited settings.xml of installshield 2009. But same error.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
girishkatti123
Level 7

Component can add maximum file size of 2GB. Any file beyond this will not be added and cannot be build.
There are some limitation on build a cab file

Limits of the CAB file format
The only compressed file type supported natively by Windows Installer is the Cabinet (CAB) format. The following limits apply to this file format.

No one file in a CAB can exceed 2GB
Maximum size of all files in one folder (compressed) 2GB
Maximum size of a CAB file (compressed) 2GB
Maximum number of files in a single CAB 64K
You can avoid these limits by splitting your setup into multiple CABs, possibly up to 64K * 2GB, or by placing your application files on the distribution disk uncompressed.
0 Kudos
haazmaaz
Level 3

girishkatti123 wrote:

You can avoid these limits by splitting your setup into multiple CABs, possibly up to 64K * 2GB, or by placing your application files on the distribution disk uncompressed.

Tnx for reply, so how to i build my install. I choose build media to DVD5 or Cuctom (1GB sized). But same error. How to split my setup?
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

one problem is some files are more than 2GB of size and the maximum file size in CAB in compressed format is 2GB. Build will always fail
0 Kudos
haazmaaz
Level 3

OK, tnx for your quick reply, MSI based setups can't CAB more than 2GB file. I used Install Script Based Setup and it made without any error. 🙂 I'm newbie in installshield 😉
0 Kudos