cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johanekdahl
Level 2

Can MSBUILD build ISLE projects?

Background: We migrated from Visual Studio 2008 to 2012 for our web apps. We of-course lost the WebSetup projects, and went for IS LE 2012. We had problems with that (details upon request) so I upgraded to 2013 beta which seems to work better.

I am now trying to get our build server (running TeamCity) to build our ISLE 2013 projects. As a first step I am trying to get the ISLE 2013 projects to build on my own developer machine on a command line using MSBUILD.

It fails miserably with different strange results depending on if I pass MSBUILD the .isl or the .isproj file .

First and most basic question: Can MSBUILD at all handle projects created with ISLE?

A "no" here with some pertinent backgroud and I will move on. A "yes" to that question, and I will follow up with the details of my errors for different attempts.

If the subject has been covered here my search-fu was obviously miserable. I found nothing that matched my poblem. Any link to threads dealing with this will be quite appreciated.

Regards,
Johan Ekdahl
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jcoone
Level 6

I assume you have a .sln file that groups all the projects / web applications together, try passing the .sln to MSBuild, The issue is that the ISProj files rely on either hard coded paths, or on project references, and if it is using project references it needs the solution file to tie back to the projects it is referencing.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

johanekdahl wrote:
Background: We migrated from Visual Studio 2008 to 2012 for our web apps. We of-course lost the WebSetup projects, and went for IS LE 2012. We had problems with that (details upon request) so I upgraded to 2013 beta which seems to work better......
Regards,
Johan Ekdahl

Hi Johan,

Could you please share with us the build errors, that you are getting while building the setup. So that, we can try investigating the issue further.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos