cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falakk
Level 3

Can I modify multiple instances list dialog box?

I've created multiple instance for my application successfully which can support major upgrade using InstallShield 2014. When installer executed for second time, there appears dialog box with option to create new instance or modify or upgrade existing instance with all the instances listed below.

Now is there any way to modify this dialog box? Can I add any controls or modify any content of this screen and provide custom action to that control?

Also can I modify the execute sequence or UI sequence for this dialog box?

If above two scenarios are not achievable, is there a way to modify the text “This installation lets you install multiple instances of product. Select this instance you would like to install, and then click Next to continue:” for this dialog box?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This dialog is presented by setup.exe and is not customizable in the way that most dialogs are. You can modify the text shown on this dialog by editing 0x0409.ini (and related) in your built product's Disk1 folder if it is uncompressed, or \Support\0x0409.ini (and related) if it is not. Be aware that editing the files in the support location will affect all installations built on that machine after they are edited, so keep a backup of the original.
0 Kudos
falakk
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. We were able modify the text of the dialog box as per suggested steps. 🙂
0 Kudos