cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronenlas
Level 3

Can I create an upgrade MSI pacakge?

Hello,

I'm new user evaluating Installshied software.
I am using MS Active Directory GPO to distribute software installations.
I created an installation package of my software and distribute it with GPO without a problem.
Now, I wanted to create an update pacakge for this software. Since GPO support only MSI distribution of software I cannot use the minor upgrade pacage since it's an EXE file. I tried to use the full distribution MSI file (the installation should recognize the old version installed and perfrom upgrade installation) but the installation does not perform the upgrade although it report that the installaion finished successfully.

How can I create an upgrade MSI pacakge?

Thanx in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

You can deploy a minor upgrade using the .msi without the setup launcher by appending the following to the msiexec command line: REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus
0 Kudos
ronenlas
Level 3

Thank you for your reply but I cannot use this method since I cannot add parameters to the GPO software distribution.
0 Kudos
ronenlas
Level 3

This is very important for me.

Thanks,
Ronen
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I believe there are specific options available in GPO administration that allow you to specify the package is a minor upgrade; however, I'm not sure specifically what those are.

You may be best off checking a website more dedicated toward GPO deployments for a specific answer.
0 Kudos