cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Yang
Level 6

Can I change the wording of SetupError dialog?

Hi,

I built a basic MSI project by InstallSheild 2010. when an error happened, Windows Installer prompted a SetupError dialog (See attachment).

The error messge in SetupError dialog is a little weird since there should be a space after period. Is there anyway to modify the error message? When an error happened, does Windows Installer set the error code or error description to some where(like properties)?

Anyone has idea about this? Thanks a lot!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
mumbles
Level 7

Yeah it's interesting, in the Direct Editor, on the ISString table, the errors are there, but i don't see 1327 listed. I wonder if it's in another table. Take a look around and see what you find.
0 Kudos
mumbles
Level 7

I found it, it's in the 'Error' table.

Enjoy.
0 Kudos
Simon_Yang
Level 6

Thanks a lot. It's an effective workround. But I need to add a space before any error message :mad:
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You may try inserting a space before the error string for error 1327 in the Error table. The actual error message is formatted by Windows Installer at runtime, so there isn't any control over this except for what the Error table contains.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This issue may actually be due to the records in the error table for error numbers 1, 2, and 4. These are used in the formatted of the full error message by Windows Installer. The strings for these entries do not have trailing spaces. Adding spaces to them may resolve the issue you are seeing.
0 Kudos