cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TekkGuy
Level 4

Can I Add an MSI to Install Project...?

I am trying to create in instalation project which uses a Merge Module supplied by Business Objects to install the dependancies for Crystal Reports SAP for Visual Studio 2010. Apparently, Business Objects can't get their act together and give a correct list of Dependancies needed by the CR-SAP MSM file. No matter what other MSM's or Prerequisites I add (of the ones they claim are needed) I always get an error when InstallShield does to register some of the CR-SAP DLL's.

They do offer an MSI file that when is installed, apparently has all the files required since I no longer get a DLL registration error. However, for the sake of professionalism, I rather not send both the CR-SAP MSI and my own Setup.exe to a customer with instructions on which to run first and second.

1) Is there a way that I can incorprate the supplied MSI for the CR-SAP dependancy files into my Installation Project, so that it runs the MSI first? Kinda like a prerequisite file?

2) I ran a utility called "Depends.exe" and found that the follwing two DLL files that CR-SAP requires are missing, ATL80.dll & MSVCR80.dll. I tried adding:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributables Package (x86)
Visual C++ 8.0 CRT (x86) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 8.0 ATL (x86) WinSXS MSM
...which apparently don't install these files since I still crash. Which MSM's do I add to my project to get the two DLL's above to install?

HELP!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies