cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZygoCorp
Level 6

CRT doesn't seem to be installed

My install project is an InstallScript project creating a 64 bit installation. I have added these 4 merge modules:
Visual C++ 8.0 CRT (x86_x64) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 8.0 CRT.Policy (x86_x64) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 9.0 CRT.Policy (x64) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 9.0 CRT (x64) WinSXS MSM

The 8.0 CRTs do not seem to be installed. Is there a way to see if they were installed? Is there a way to check if they are installed in a script? (I can force the appropriate vcredist.rexe to run if they are not, but that is brute force and should not be required.)

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Paul_Boerefijn
Level 3

In two other threads you will find similar problems.

Changing the properties of the Merge Modules Holder Object from 'No Msi UI' to 'Msi basic UI' will probably solve your problem.
0 Kudos
ZygoCorp
Level 6

"the InstallScript Merge Module Holder object does not build support for targeting 64bit platforms.

NOTE: Since merge modules use the Windows Installer service, they can only be installed through an MSI package. So the Merge Module Holder object will automate the process of including the selected merge modules into a template MSI package, build and include the MSI into your InstallScript project and then silently call it from your installation.

So with that said, the template summary is only configured for 32bit platforms and so when the MSI package built by the object is run on a 64bit OS, the merge module won't be installed."
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

Why not create a Prerequisite? That's the prefered way in InstallScript instead of using the "legacy" mergemodule holder object.
0 Kudos
ZygoCorp
Level 6

prerequisite list only include Visual C++ SP1 x86 redistributable - no 2008, and neither 2005 or 2008 for 64 bit.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

You can easily create your own Prerequisite using the Prerequisite Editor (found under the Tools menu).
0 Kudos