cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_L
Level 5

COM Extraction issue

Hi,

I've got a warning (-4354) during the COM extraction with a 32 bit component inside a 64 bit project installer on Windows 7 64 bit. But with InstallShield 2011 it's work perfectly.

Any idea ?

Kevin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I think this might be related to IOA-000065378 which we resolved in the Service Pack we released today. (See the Read Me First sticky on this forum, among other places, for more information on InstallShield 2012 SP1.)
0 Kudos
Kevin_L
Level 5

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I have installed the Service Pack 1 and rebooted my computer (just to be sure) but my issue is not fixed.

Regards,

Kevin
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hmm, drat. Have you tried using the older COM extraction methods? (See "Improvements for COM Extraction" in the release notes, which are linked from the Read Me First sticky thread in this forum, for details on changing this.) If changing the COM extraction method fixes this, I would love to get a reproducing sample in house so we can make the new method work too.
0 Kudos
Kevin_L
Level 5

Ok, I've tried the method which is describe in the release notes but it's not working.

I've a remark, on my computer the value UseAPIRegistryHooks is not in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield\RegSpy but in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield.

The default value was 1. I've tried the two other values with the IS function "Extract COM Data for Key File".

If I use the RegSpyUI tool I can extract COM information from my DLL file.
0 Kudos
Kevin_L
Level 5

I've created the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield\RegSpy and set UseAPIRegistryHooks to 1. It's working !
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Glad to hear it. Is this a file you can share with us so we might be able to make the new method work in a future release?
0 Kudos
Kevin_L
Level 5

COM extraction at build works but when I deploys the package on a fresh Windows 7 64 bit I can't launch the application because some components are not correctly registred.

If I register this components with regsvr32 the application works fine.

I can share this DLL files with you but how ? (not through this forum)
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I've sent you a PM with contact info.
0 Kudos