cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urbancsaba
Level 2

CMDLINE built-in variable contains NOT just the user-defined arguments.

Hi All,

I faced with the problem I mentioned in the title. Accurately we have a several legacy IS projects. The types of these projects is "InstallScript Project". The Install Shield 2016 (and as I saw all the previous versions) reference guide states that the CMDLINE stores only the user-defined command-line arguments and the InstallShield command-line arguments (predefined arguments) are not copied to CMDLINE.

But during the debug I found that the CMDLINE contains two more argument after my "/silent" argument: /silent -IS_temp -IS_OriginalLauncher:""

Now this cause me a several bug because of a string comparsion between the CMDLINE and another string.

I also examined the content of the CMDLINE in the InstallShield 2013. This works fine because the CMDLINE contains only the argument I passed to.

Did anyone faced whit this problem?

Thanks,
Csaba
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

This issue has been tracked under the work order #IOJ-1812110 and fixed in InstallShield 2016 SP1.
0 Kudos
lokeshbabu
Level 2

Hi hidenori,

Is #IOJ-1812110 issue is fixed on SP1?
On SP1 release notes i didn't see the #IOJ-1812110.
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield23helplib/ReleaseNotes.htm#SP1

0 Kudos
lokeshbabu
Level 2

Hi hidenori,
Is #IOJ-1812110 fixed in InstallShield 2016 SP1?
I didn't see on SP1 release notes. i tried on SP1 and have same issue.

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield23helplib/ReleaseNotes.htm#SP1

Thanks,
Lokesh
0 Kudos
hirosea
Level 3

Although it is not written in the release notes,
looking at InstallShield 2016 Known Issuses updated on April 5,
Https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/INFO/InstallShield-2016-Known-Issues
the following fix seems to be in InstallShield 2016 SP1 23.0.428.0.
HOTFIX: CMDLINE Variable always includes '- IS_temp - IS_OriginalLauncher: ' on InstallShield 2016 SP 1
Https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ISSUE/HOTFIX-CMDLINE-Variable-always-includes-IS-temp-IS-OriginalLauncher-Path-to-setup-exe-on-InstallShield-2016- SP1

Since "SP1 23.0.406.0" and "SP1 23.0.428.0" are different, we do not want to call the same "SP1", right? . .

Also, if you put it in SP1, you have to update the release notes at the same time, we do not know what to apply. . .

Unless they reconsider the operation method of Hotfix / SP release, it is necessary to patch many times and check installation, so it is a problem.

Please also refer to the following threads.
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?222642-What-is-the-difference-between-InstallShield-2016-SP1-23-0-406-0-and-23-0-428-0

0 Kudos
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

A standalone Hotfix for this issue has been created. That fix and instructions explaining how to apply it are available from this Knowledge Base article.
0 Kudos