cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcampbell12
Level 3

C runtime library loaded incorrectly

During an install, I've had a couple of customers tell me that InstallShield Express says "MSIEXEC.EXE made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly." That may not be the exact error message, but it's close. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this. The install appears to run correctly on some machines, but not on others.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Do you have any C++ custom actions in your installation? If so what did you compile them with?

You might want to look at the dependencies of the custom action DLL or exe.
0 Kudos
rcampbell12
Level 3

No custom actions. It appears that this is one of those "nobody knows what the heck is going on" situations. Another case of Windows being so complex that no one knows what's going on under the hood. I've supplied my customers with manual install instructions to get around this, when it occurs (fortunately not too often). Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Do you know at what point during the installation that this happens?
0 Kudos
rcampbell12
Level 3

Not exactly, but it's about 3/4 of the way into the installation, I believe. Also, this is "InstallShield Express for VFP 8", which came with MS VFP 8.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Has it occured on one OS more than another?

Would it be possible for me to look at your Express Project file? I am not sure there is anything I could suggest, but I could check to see if there is anything that looks out of place.

You can send the project file to mmarino@macrovision.com

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos