cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cris_Moore
Level 5

C++ Runtime Error!

Using the eval version of 2011 Pro. Having trouble building 2009 installscript project. InstallShield always gives runtime error and closes. :eek:

Any ideas of how to go about fixing the problem? I've tried reinstalling InstallShield and making modifications to the project, but can't get passed the runtime error. :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Cris_Moore
Level 5

Update.

I tried creating a new, empty installscript project and it crashes too.

The weird thing is, if I reboot, I can load the project and build 1 time only. If I try to build again, I will get a runtime error, until I reboot. :confused:
0 Kudos
Cris_Moore
Level 5

Update.

OK. This appears to be the On-Access Scanner from McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i. If I disable the On-Access Scanner, IS appears to stop crashing.
0 Kudos
Cris_Moore
Level 5

Update.

It appears that if "Detection\Scan Files\When writing to disk" is checked for On-Access Scan, InstallShield will crash during a build.
0 Kudos
Cris_Moore
Level 5

Update.

I was able to narrow it down to the ISSetup.dll in the Disk1 directory. My work around is to set an exclusion(on write) for ISSetup.dll in On-Access Scan.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Note that certain runtime files such as ISSetup.dll are packed (compressed) executables. Certain anti-virus products erroneously flag these files as malicious. It would be recommended that this file (and ISRT.dll) be excluded from virus scanning products. Note that these products can also cause errors at runtime with these files.
0 Kudos
Cris_Moore
Level 5

Josh, thanks for the response. I will add ISRT.DLL to the list of excluded files.
0 Kudos