cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterc
Level 3

Build warnings -6245 and -6248 from IS LE that not relevant?

Hi, I have a web application project and have used IS limited edition to create an installation.

I have 2 different build warnings that I would like to get rid of.

Warning 1 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework. ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

This is true, I do need .net 4.5. but in the Define Setup requirements and Actions I have set .net 4.5 full package as a requirement

Warning 2 -6248: Could not find dependent file Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, or one of its dependencies of component .Common.Primary_output ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, or one of its dependencies of component Common.Primary_output

I have the above warning in my projects that contain Unity. From what I have Googled the Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation is optional and only needed if using the IServiceLocator interface..
(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff660927(v=pandp.20).aspx)

I am not using this interface, so do not have the need to include it, and the application runs fine without it, so should this be a warning?

Thanks in advance for any help
Peter
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jcoone
Level 6

for the .Net requirement warning -

There is a difference between setting it as a required package and including it as a redistributable. You can only include the redistributable .Net package if you are using a Setup.exe file, otherwise you just have to ignore the warning.

for the Servicelocation library -
do any of your projects have a reference to that library?

The warning is probably there because there is a scanned dependency between one of the included projects or libraries, ISLE cannot differentiate between an unused secondary reference and a required one. It is possible there is a reference in one of the other included libraries, but since you are not executing that code you won't run into any issues.
0 Kudos