cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LFXSupport
Level 3

Build not reflecting dialog changes. Help!

I am having the most vexing problem that is driving me crazy, please, please someone help.

I have a Basic MSI project, that we rebuild each month with minor little changes here and there, going on years now (upgraded through version up to 2010).

This last week, I tried to set up a Custom setup. But it wasn't happening, it was completely skipping the custom setup dialog. So, I created a new dialog, but that one wasn't appearing, either when Testing or Running it. I tried renaming a dialog, and it rebuilt and ran fine. So I added some text to that renamed dialog, the text didn't appear. I moved a button on that dialog box, rebuilt it, and when running it, the button is still in the original location.

So no matter what I try to change, after rebuilding it is still showing me some previous version. Help, help, help. I really don't care if copying the installer to a different machine would produce a different result, I need to be able to Test the installer on this deployment machine. How to fix?

Many, many thanks for any ideas!

--J
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MSIYER
Level 8

Could you throw more light on the steps you followed to create the dialog?
How did you insert it into the standard sequence?
0 Kudos
LFXSupport
Level 3

First I just changed the option to allow customizing the install, and was working with the CustomSetup dialog. But it wasn't appearing, so I Cloned that dialog. That didn't work. So then I tried Cloning a dialog that is appearing fine in the sequence, that didn't work. So I created a new Interior dialog with the Wizard, that still didn't work. In the Custom Actions and Sequences, the dialog always appears in the sequence. But like I said, I can modify *any* dialog, and the changes are not appearing! If I rename a dialog, or rename the project, those changes are effected. Changes to the Files are effected. Changes to Custom Action VBS scripts are effected. But changes to the dialogs is not. ...Help?

--J
0 Kudos
LFXSupport
Level 3

Aha!
Well I knew it had to be something simple.
I had recently changed the Internet options, from Single Executable to Download. Apparently, even when you Test or Run the installer from the Build folder with all other installation files, it will still download the MSI and cabs from the internet location. So hence I was getting the previous version without my dialog box changes.

Now, if I could just get a checkbox to act like a checkbox, but that's a whole other matter...

cheers!

--J
0 Kudos