cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesHennigan
Level 2

Build fails when triggered over ssh session

I have written a routine to automatically build a basic msi when a command is issued. This program works fine when run from the cmd on the machine on which installshield is installed however when i SSH into that machine and run the program again from the same working directory with the same command i get the below error:

Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Automation error
Unspecified error
    > ISWiAutomation.ISWiRelease.BuildInternal
    > ISWiAutomation.ISWiRelease.Build
   at ISWiAuto25._ISWiRelease.Build()
   at MSI_Generator.Program.Build(ISWiProject oISProj, ePackObject oEpack, String sProjName) in c:\Program Files (x86)\C
aseWare\_SVN - NOT for Epack Automation\QA Resources\C# Projects\MSI Generator\MSI Generator\Program.cs:line 296
   at MSI_Generator.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare\_SVN - NOT for Epack Automation\QA Re
sources\C# Projects\MSI Generator\MSI Generator\Program.cs:line 334

line 296 is a call to Build() in:

ISWiProductConfig oProdConfig = oISProj.AddProductConfig("Config");
ISWiRelease oRelease = oProdConfig.AddRelease("Release");
oRelease.Build();

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @JamesHennigan ,

I have same SSH enabled session where i could run automation interface build with no issues.I have that as vbscript which shouldn't matter.

I could see you had added label for InstallShield 2018 but added log says the ISWIAutomation.dll version of 25:

Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Automation error
Unspecified error
    > ISWiAutomation.ISWiRelease.BuildInternal
    > ISWiAutomation.ISWiRelease.Build
   at ISWiAuto25._ISWiRelease.Build()

Can you check that?Object creation should be of CreateObject("ISWiAuto24.ISWiProject") in case of IS2018 whereas for IS2019 it should be CreateObject("ISWiAuto25.ISWiProject")

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Apologies Jenifer, i mistyped, I have installations for both 2018 and 2019 on this system, we only really use 2019 though

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @JamesHennigan ,

Hope you are using InstallShield standalone build.Just to narrow-down the issue can you try building the .ism file generated out of automation interface(Or existing ism which you are trying to build with C# code) using IsCmdBuild.exe -p <Project File.ism> from <IS-INSTALLDIR>\2019\System folder?

Since build mechanism retains same in both the places we can figure it out easily what the issue is.(may be it might be license server connectivity issue if it it uses concurrent license server)

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos