cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StripedCat
Level 3

Build/Settings dialog won't appear

I want to be able to use SdLogonUserListGroups() and therefore must add NetApiRT.obl to the list of libraries. However, the dialog box does not show up when I click Settings from the Build menu - nothing happens. When I press Alt + F6; same thing - nothing happens.

In InstallShield 12 this works fine, but I want to do it in InstallShield 2010.

Anyone know what's happening or how to work around this issue?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Strange that the dialog box doesn't show up. I haven't tried it, but if you open the Direct Editor view and look in the ISLinkerLibrary table, that seems to expose the same information, so perhaps try adding a row referencing NetApiRT.obl there?
0 Kudos
StripedCat
Level 3

Thanks Robert for your response. It appears to have worked, because I can now compile without error when I have SdLogonUserListGroups() in the code. This is an InstallScript project. Following the instructions in Help, I did the following before calling SdLogonUserListGroups().

Navigate to the location in your InstallScript code where you want to insert the LogonInformation dialog set. In most situations, you will add it within OnFirstUIBefore. For example:
Dlg_SdLogon:
SdLogonUserInformation(szTitle, szMsg, szAccount, szPassword);
if (nResult = BACK) goto Dlg_SdWelcome;

When the group box is to appear, I get an error:
Unknown error returned from NetAPI. System error: 19649
But when I go Back in the dialog sequence and then forward again, I instead get the Groups box, but it's empty. If I keep going back and forth in the dialogs, I alternately get the error and the empty group dialog box.

1) Any idea why I get the error and/or a group dialog with no groups?
2) Is it really necessary to call SdLogonUserInformation just to get a group listing?
3) Is there a way for the installation to find the domain in which the user is logged in without asking the user to type it in?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't have firsthand experience with that error, but [thread=186236]this thread[/thread] has a bit to say about it.

Would checking the value of the USERDOMAIN environment variable do?
0 Kudos
StripedCat
Level 3

Thanks - the USERDOMAIN environment variable is exactly what I need to find the domain.

What I am still unable to do is give the end user a dialog box from which they can choose a User or a Group. The Windows dialog box shown here is what I would love to display to return data to InstallShield (InstallScript). Is there any way to do that?

If not, is there any other way to pop up a dialog that displays Users and Groups so that the end user can select one?
0 Kudos
sandwich
Level 4

Not the answer to your most recent question but should resolve part of the original problem.

I am running IS 2011 Premier and was also not getting the Build > Settings dialog in any of my IS 2011 InstallScript projects...( I have recently upgraded about 20 of them from IS 2010 sp1).
I ran a repair on the IS 2011 installation and this seems to have taken care of the issue.
0 Kudos