cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigashmore
Level 3

InstallShield 2011 keeps running configuration

I have just installed Installshield 2011 Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

Everytime i now open my project, a windows message ......

Please wait while Windows configures Installshield 2011 limited Edition is displayed.

After a while a message is displayed saying ....

You must restart your system for the configuration changes made to InstallShield 2011 Limited Edition to take effect. Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart later.

If you press NO, after a while the same message is displayed again, keep doing this at least 6 times, then Microsoft Visual Studio crashes.....

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : devenv.exe P2 : 10.0.30319.1 P3 : 4ba1fab3
P4 : microsoft.visualstudio.shell.10.0 P5 : 10.0.0.0 P6 : 4ba1e1f5
P7 : 506 P8 : 13 P9 : system.argumentnullexception

If you say yes and reboot, the same thing happens again on Opening the project!!!!

Any help greatfully received

Kind Regards

Craig
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you try performing a repair on the InstallShield Limited Edition product.

Navigate to Add or Remove programs and select the Repair option.

Once the repair process is complete try launching InstallShield Limited Edition.

If you are still coming across the same issue then kindly uninstall and Reinstall InstallShield Limited edition and then check if the same issue persists.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
craigashmore
Level 3

Hi

I have performed a repair, same result.

Uninstalled, then reinstalled, same result.

Kind Regards

Craig
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

In order to troubleshoot further could you try installing InstallShield Limited edition on a clean system and then check if the same issue persists.

We would like to check if this is a system specific issue.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
craigashmore
Level 3

Hi

I havent got another PC so a clean install isnt possible.

I have however uninstalled Visual Studio 2010 Professional, Uninstalled InstallShield LE, AND deleted ALL references from Program files and the reg.

Installed Visual Studio - NO ERRORS
Installed InstallShield 2011 LE - NO ERRORS

Launch VS and try to create a new Setup project and get the same messages continually.

Many thanks for your support

Craig
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly provide us the VM image of your system so that we can investigate further regarding this issue.

Kindly check your private message.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos