cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kadali_Prasad
Level 3

Basic MSI installer while installing loses focus and goes behind in Windows7

Basic MSI installer while installing loses focus and goes behind in Windows7.
How to make installer always on top or bring it to front during installing in Widows 7?
During installation the installer goes behind Widows Explorer or any other application running or behind any browser which is opened
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
tra9uq
Level 2

For me, I have a Basic MSI Project. When I build the install, there is a warning "ISDEV : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework".

Fine. So, under "Application Data - Redistributables", I check the box for prerequisite "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)". And, under "Media - Releases", I specify that the .NET Framework should be included.

Then, at run-time, when the installer reaches the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for ProductName" dialog, the dialog does not have focus, and its Windows task bar button is blinking for attention.
0 Kudos
armentdw
Level 3

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this issue?

I'm having the same problem with InstallShield 2012 Spring edition. It looks like it is caused by the SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client prerequisite. If I remove Native Client 2008 and add Native Client 2012 the problem goes away.

Would appreciate any help I can get.
0 Kudos
Install_guy
Level 4

Having the same problem with installation dialog going in the background, has anybody figured out why this happens and how to fix it?
0 Kudos
armentdw
Level 3

I have a case open with Installshield about this issue. I will update this thread if I figure out the solution.
0 Kudos
LindaB
Level 2

Any update on this issue? I experience this behavior, but only with a custom dialog box.

Update: I actually found that the "not active" window is not always my custom dialog but rather the first dialog that requires User Interface. Still looking for what may be causing this and how to fix it.
0 Kudos