cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npevler
Level 3

Basic MSI - Duplicate sequence numbers in the File Table causing a 1334 Error

I have just changed a Basic MSI to add in some new help files (htm,gif and the like), Once they had all been added I built the package as normal and rec'vd no errors. As part of my normal testing I do an admin install and compare the contents of the package with my source files, when trying to do this with my new package I rec'vd a 1334 Error The file xxxxx.xxx cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file.

After a bit of checking I confirmed that the file was in the Data1.cab as expected however when I checked the File table in the extracted MSI I have a small quantity of files with duplicate sequence numbers and the first duplicate was the file mentioned in the error. After more testing I discovered that if I remove the Previous Package setting from the release this problem no longer occurred. As I have no dynamically linked files this is not the end of the world but it will have future implications for minor patches.:mad:

Has anybody else seen this sort of behaviour and if so how did you sort it out?

Nick

Package details
Project Type : Basic MSI
Package Type: Compressed Network (setup.exe)
Dynamically Linked files : No
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This issue was originally reported in work order IOC-000079642 and has been resolved for IS 2010. In IS 2009, you can continue to use the previous package but turn off the file sequence number syncing (per project) that causes this issue by adding the property "DoNotSyncSequenceNumbers" (without the quotes) to the InstallShield table in the Direct Editor. This will allow the previous package option to continue syncing file keys, file names, component codes, etc. from a previous package but skip syncing sequence numbers.
0 Kudos
npevler
Level 3

Thanks for the speedy response,:) do I need to added any value for this new property?

Nick
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You can set the value to 1, but the build process only checks to see if the property exists in the InstallShield table, so any value will work.
0 Kudos