cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielleggio
Level 3

Azure SQL script

Hello,

I am trying to run a sql script on Azure SQL db. I have selected "Microsoft Windows Azure" as target database server, however during the installation I get the following error:

Error 27502. Could not connect to Microsoft Windows Azure 'xxx.database.windows.net'. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0)

I have the driver Native Client V12 already  installed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Depending on what SQL version you are targeting - Microsoft mention that they have removed the SQL Native Client from SQL 2022 onwards. 
They recommend using the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver (MSOLEDBSQL) for SQL Server or the latest Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server going forward

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/native-client/applications/connecting-to-a-windows-azure-sql-database-using-sql-server-native-client?view=sql-server-ver15

0 Kudos

I cannot change provider for Azure SQL db in the installshield. How to use the drivers you suggest?

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Both the OLE BD and ODBC are available as redistributables to add to your Installation project as prerequisites.

0 Kudos

I have both drivers already installed, but I still get the error

0 Kudos