cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WindChaser
Level 4

Availability of SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 Redistributable

SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 has been available since February 2007. Does anybody know when it will become available as a downloadable redistributable for Installshield 2008 Express? At the moment, only SP1 seems to be available in the list of downloadable redistributables.

Mike
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
MorrowLess
Level 4

You have to create the prerequisite yourself for now. Though I agree it would be nice if this would have been available for download by now.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The issue has already been submitted under the work order #IOC-000063125, and it will be addressed in the next major release of InstallShield.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

For InstallShield 2008 users, I attach the setup prerequisite file for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2 to this community post. Please copy the .prq file to C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\SetupPrerequisites folder and restart your InstallShield IDE. Note that this is not an offical update as the prerequisite is not fully tested by the QA team. If you find any issue, please report in this thread. Also if you are using an InstallShield IDE installed on a machine without an internet connection, you need to download http://saturn.installshield.com/devstudio/setuprequirements/sqlexpress/sp2/SQLEXPR32.EXE manually on a different machine that has an internet connection, and copy it to C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Objects\SQL2005ExpressSP2 folder.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Earthshine
Level 4

I am using InstallShield 2008 Professional and we only do InstallScript projects. How is it possible, if at all to add a prerequisite to my project? Looking at the documentation, it looks like it only pertains to Windows Installer based or MSI projects.

Big bummer!
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Pure InstallScript projects currently do not support the setup prerequisite feature. You need to write your own code to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express SP2. Unfortunately, I do not have a sample code that installs Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. I recommend that you refer to the sample code that installs MSDE 2000 available at InstallSite in order to figure out how to accomplish it.

Regards.
0 Kudos
eric_nemo
Level 3

Do you have an ETA on the release of the final file for SP2?
0 Kudos
vivek123
Level 2

The prq works fine for me. In the case of silent installation the SQL Server is not silent and dialog pops up. What command should be included in the PRQ to make it silent ?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The /qn switch should silently install Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Please refer to How to: Install SQL Server 2005 from the Command Prompt help topic for more information.
0 Kudos