cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snoopstah
Level 7

Automated build process

Hi,

I have recently upgraded all my projects from IS 2008 to IS 2010.
Since the upgrade, they all work perfectly on my local machine, however they are all failing on the build server running via standalone build.

I am using final builder to call IS 2010 SAB.
Every build has the same error related to Merge Modules along the lines of

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'MyMergeModule.GUID:0' for Feature 'MyFeature'.

It does not seem to matter if this is a custom MergeModule or one that has been installed with IS 2010.

The MergeModule path on the IntallShield call in FinalBuilder is correct as far as I can tell: (the first path for my own custom MM files)
"D:\Build\Install Resources\MergeModules","C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010 StandaloneBuild\Modules\i386","C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules","C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010 StandaloneBuild\Objects"

I can't see anywhere else to change settings.

If I look in those folders, the merge modules are present. They are present in the same location on my local build. I even tried adding the InstallShield 2008 merge module paths back into the build process, but still no luck.

Any ideas why the automated SAB can't find my merge modules ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Snoopstah
Level 7

In fact, it seems to just be ignoring my custom MM path of "D:\Build\Install Resources\MergeModules", even though I have specified it as a MergeModule path in FinalBuilder, and it did work with IS 2008.
0 Kudos
GetExp
Level 6

Both 2010 and 2008 exists in the same machine? or 2008 is removed?
0 Kudos
Snoopstah
Level 7

Both SAB versions exist on the same machine.

Just in case this was causing the problem, I have removed IS2008 from the machine.

This made no difference. It still can't seem to see any files in my custom merge module path.
0 Kudos
Snoopstah
Level 7

In case anyone else is experiencing this problem, the only workaround seems to be to put the custom merge modules in a very standard directory, such as
c:\program files\common files\merge modules
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

It sounds to me that it is more likely whatever it is you use to launch the standalone build process is not getting the command line correct.

I use a standard batch file to do the build on our build server, and it has no problem finding the merge modules I have in a custom location.

If you can get it to show you the exact commandline it is using to execute the build you can verify it is formatting it correctly. You could also try and build the project from the command line directly and manually key in the commandline parameters as a test.
0 Kudos