cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tc2010
Level 2

Assembly version in output MSI file name

Hi there,

I'm using InstallShield 2010 to build a C# .NET project. We're moving over to InstallShield having used WiX and Nant to build our installers until now.

One nice thing we do in WiX/Nant is include our .NET's assembly number in the file name of the MSI that the build creates. We do this by compiling the code in Nant, examining it using Nant's getassemblyname function to get the version, and then passing that to light.exe to build the MSI:

light.exe MyProduct_1.0.1.msi MyProduct.wixobj

This means by executing a single Nant script via CC.NET, we end up with an MSI called MyProduct_1.0.1.msi, which is what I want to end up doing with InstallShield. Currently I can only get it to create MyProduct.msi and then I have to manually change the version number.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do this this using InstallShield please?

Tom
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ITI_Randy
Level 6

You might try using the InstallShield automation object and dynamically build your project that way. We have an automation program written in .Net where we take existing projects, open them, update component, reset the properties, and build the package. This works pretty well for us.
0 Kudos