cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfisty
Level 2

Assembly_ in MsiPatchOldAssemblyName

InstallShield 2008 incorrectly names a column "Assembly_" in the MsiPatchOldAssemblyName table instead of "Assembly". Because of this, Vista Certification fails.

I notice that version 2009 of InstallShield fixes this.

What fix is there for InstallShield 2008 to address this issue? Because of this, we cannot pass Vista Certification.

The information for InstallShield 2008 states that it will validate the install for you so you can get certified. However, this appears to not be the case because of this bug.

Thanks,
Matt Houser
Director, Software Development
Pulse Microsystems Ltd.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I don't think anything was made available, but assuming you aren't making any real use of this table, I suspect it's safe to (backup and) modify the build template at \support\0409\ismsipkg.itp (and ismsipkglarge.itp). Or maybe (backup and) replace it with the one from IS2009, but that might have extra data you don't need.
0 Kudos
gfisty
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
I don't think anything was made available, but assuming you aren't making any real use of this table, I suspect it's safe to (backup and) modify the build template at \support\0409\ismsipkg.itp (and ismsipkglarge.itp). Or maybe (backup and) replace it with the one from IS2009, but that might have extra data you don't need.

How do I edit the itp file? It's binary. What program can I use to edit the file?

Also, is it required to edit this file before beginning a project? What if I have an existing project I need to modify?

Also, we are using a MSI+InstallScript project. Does this matter?

...Matt
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Oh, sorry. The .itp file is a renamed binary .msi file, so you can use InstallShield or ORCA or any tool you'd like. This template is essentially copied and built into during each build, so you do not have to edit it before starting the project in question; before it is built is good enough (however if that table is in your .ism file, it may be worth editing it there too). InstallScript MSI vs Basic MSI shouldn't impact this, as it's pure MSI table details.
0 Kudos