cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suranaajit
Level 3

Arabic/Hebrew Language welcome dialog box

Hi,

I am using Installshield 2010 and recently added support for Right to Left languages(Arabic and Hebrew). But I found strenge behaviour of welcome dialog. Please have a look at the attached image. It shows installation image at wrong place. Also some text are incorrectly rendered.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ajit Surana
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
suranaajit
Level 3

Anyone can please help in this matter?
0 Kudos
AlexLampard
Level 4

It is not an expected behavior to find the logo in the location as found in the image attached.

Try creating an English language installer and check for the location of the logo.

If you find the logo is located in the same location as in the Arabic/Hebrew language installer then it seems to be an issue with the Operating system.

If the logo appears in the correct location in the English language installer and if you have created custom dialogues for displaying the logo ,check for the location of the logo in the custom dialogues .

Are you using a custom Dialogue ??
0 Kudos
suranaajit
Level 3

Please note that I have created an installer which supports 18 languages. Out of them 16 are Left to right(e. g. English etc) languages and 2 are right to left(e.g. Arabic, Hebrew) languages.

Also, please note this is not a custom dialog.

When I wun the installer on Windows XP English operating system, installer languages selector dialog works nicely. Logo is at perfect location.

But, when I run the installer on Windows XP Arabic operating system, installer shown logo on wrong position.

I think you would be happy for these additional information about this matter.

Now, I think either it should be an bug of Installshield or it might possible that I missed to set some properties which are specifically made for right to left languages.

Thank you for your help :),
0 Kudos
AlexLampard
Level 4

I did go ahead and build an installer in an english version XP operating system and ran it on an Arabic Xp system.I was not able to reproduce the same issue.

It looks like you have used a skin customization pack.Try reverting back to the default install shield environment and check if you encounter the same issue.Also if possible try posting a sample .ism file so that we can take a look at the issue.
0 Kudos
suranaajit
Level 3

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your help.
Please note:
1. I am using InstallShield 2010 for creating Installer.
2. My project is based on Installscript MSI.
3. The very first screen appears in my installer is Language chooser dialog box which displays list of languages.

You are correct, I am using Skin customization kit. But I am currently not using my own skin, I am using "blue" default screen provided by installshield only. Still, I am getting the same problem.

I have attached project .ism file. Please tell if any other file is needed to better look into the issue.

Finally, I highly believe that it is a problem with my installer only(not with installshield) and I need to set some property value in the installer. If you can give me some hint regarding problematic areas, I will be thankful to you.
0 Kudos
suranaajit
Level 3

Hi,

I have modified the C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\setup.exe file. And removed the stupid logo coming inbetween the language chooser dialog box.

But stuck in other problem. 😞 😞 . Need an InstallShield 2010 expert to solve the problem.

Please see how the maintainance dialog appers(yak..) in the Hebrew Language operating system.
0 Kudos
AlexLampard
Level 4

The mirroring feature is available only in the Basic MSI project types.

You can refer to the help document which gives you details regarding the Dialog Support offered for Right-to-Left Languages.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=installshield16helplibsp1-IHelpGlobLangIdentifiershtm&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_MACROVISIONHELPNET_1_1&dialogID=83393853&stateId=0%200%2083391318

Check the topic----( Dialog Support for Right-to-Left Languages )

You can also refer to the link below for more detailed information.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=181582
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Alex,

I have a small issue with Arabic, using IS 2010. All text, buttons, images are all correctly placed on the Arabic dialog box, but the main dialog box Title with minimize, maxiumize and close buttons are still on the right side instead of the left side.

How do you get the title bar to be correctly orientated on a Arabic system?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
suranaajit
Level 3

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much. Currently, I am happy with the Language chooser dialog box as I have removed unwanted logo from the center of the dialog. It looks Okey.

But my main worry is Maintaince dialog. If flexera software developer can suggest some way through which radio button can be made visible nicely.

Thank you,
Ajit
0 Kudos
AlexLampard
Level 4

Hi Tim,

Could you let me know the project type you are using and also if you have any custom dialogs in the project.

If possible try attaching a screenshot of the project.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

The project is a Basic MSI only install and there are no custom dialog in the project.

Attached is one of the dialog boxes and you'll notice that the close 'x' is still on the top right where as everything else looks correct.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please check out this thread.
0 Kudos