cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcilis
Level 4

Application not listed Add/Remove programs list for a normal Vista User

I install an application under Vista requiring Administrator privileges.

After this installation the installed program is working fine for Normal Level users and Admin Level users.

The problem is in Add/Remove Program List:

When I logged in as a normal user the application is not listed in the Add/Remove Program List. However, when I logged in as an administrator the application is listed.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

Did you select "Only for me" on your Customer Information dialog box, ofcourse i am assuming that you installed your app when you were logged in as an Admin.
0 Kudos
mcilis
Level 4

No I did not select that option.

Actually, who is installing the application does not change the behaviour. All the time the Admin Add/Remove list show the program while User Add/Remove list is hiding it.

Moreover, both users can run the application.

I am installing this application (a basic MSI setup) by calling its setup.exe from another installer (InstallScript project) with the following command:

LaunchAppAndWait (DIR,"/L" + selectedLanguageCode + " /s /v\"/qb-! ADDLOCAL=ALL",LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD);

If I run this setup seperately the application is listed in both Add/Remove lists.

I don't understand why it is behaving differently 😞

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

mcilis wrote:
No I did not select that option.

Actually, who is installing the application does not change the behaviour. All the time the Admin Add/Remove list show the program while User Add/Remove list is hiding it.

Moreover, both users can run the application.

I am installing this application (a basic MSI setup) by calling its setup.exe from another installer (InstallScript project) with the following command:

LaunchAppAndWait (DIR,"/L" + selectedLanguageCode + " /s /v\"/qb-! ADDLOCAL=ALL",LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD);

If I run this setup seperately the application is listed in both Add/Remove lists.

I don't understand why it is behaving differently 😞

Thank you,

You seems to be doing everything right..however read following article this might help

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368032(VS.85).aspx

HTH
Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

Also on a side note take a look at reg entry AuthorizedLUAApp that is part of Product Code under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
0 Kudos
mcilis
Level 4

Thank you for your help...

I solved this problem by considering your first comment.

I am calling this setup by silent installation threfore the execute sequence was running and the Customer information dialog box was not selected.

Therefore the installation was done for only the Administrator not all users.

I add ALLUSERS property to the Property table with the value "1" and the problem is gone.
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

mcilis wrote:
Thank you for your help...

I solved this problem by considering your first comment.

I am calling this setup by silent installation threfore the execute sequence was running and the Customer information dialog box was not selected.

Therefore the installation was done for only the Administrator not all users.

I add ALLUSERS property to the Property table with the value "1" and the problem is gone.

I am glad I could help, however for future silent installation, take a look at .ISS files under help.

:-)))
0 Kudos