cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgreen
Level 5

Any ClipMate users? IS2010 messes up PowerPaste

Any loyal users of the popular clipboard management utility Clipmate here?
I've been a user going on 15 years or so. I'd be lost without it and often rely on it's PowerPaste function to speed up repetitive data entry tasks.
If you know what I'm talking about, you be disappointed to learn that IS2010 appears to wreak havoc on ClipMate's PowerPaste feature as it appears to monitor the clipboard in the way described here.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That sounds interesting; I don't believe we've tested in concert with ClipMate and we did update many parts of our IDE this release. While I don't believe we monitor the clipboard directly, maybe something in our updated interface libraries might. For my clipboard management purposes I've been very happy with ClipX and haven't seen any problems with it with IS2010, although in a quick look it appears ClipMate does many more things.

How easy should it be to reproduce the problem - i.e. what do I need to do to see this happen, and how will I know it's happening since i'm not familiar with ClipMate? Does IS2010 need to just be started, does it need to be in a particular view, or do you need to be working directly with InstallShield when the problem occurs?
0 Kudos