cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlinyElder
Level 7

Advanced/Suite Project BUGS

I have been looking at the Advanced/Suite Project in IS2014 Premier and have found a few bugs in the application. REALLY frustrating too :mad:

• Removing a default Wizard page breaks all further wizard pages

• If you delete one of the default wizard pages when you create the new Advanced/Suite project, you can no longer add "Predefined Page...", i will get and error till the end of eternity. Error is as follows: "No such interface supported". This essentially breaks the entire project and i have to pretty much scrap the project and start over. I have found NO WAY TO FIX THIS ERROR! :confused:

• License agreement page does not allow RTF files

• I can browse for txt or rtf files for my License Agreement but if an rtf IS chosen, it will NEVER be displayed in the installer when its compiled and ran... I just get the default text telling me how to setup the license agreement :confused:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with predefined pages with an arbitrary guess - I was able to remove the LicenseAgreement page and add a BrowseForFolder page without difficulty. Could you mention which page you deleted, and which page you tried to add (if it gets that far)?

As for the second, it sounds like browsing for another file named EULA.rtf may not be replacing the Language Independent support file already present. The fix is easy - go to the Support Files view and remove EULA.rtf there, and optionally add your replacement. If you deal with multiple languages, you may prefer to put its replacements in specific language nodes.
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

I pretty much did the exact pages that you tried. This is on a Windows 7 x64 machine. It has happened to me with both the trial version and my production version that were on completely different machines.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Does it have something to do with the state of your project then? I tried in a fairly empty project, although it already had a package in it when I started. If we can isolate the minimal steps to reproduce this, I may be able to find a workaround or fix for you. Can you make the changes in the other order? Can you make the changes in a second project, and then carefully copy the XML from one .issuite to another?

To be fair, E_NOINTERFACE is more likely to represent a problem in the state of the product than one in the project. It's possible that running a repair may help.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this? I am having the same problem.

Can't Add Predefined Page in Wizard Interface of Suite Project
IS 2015 SP1

‘Browse for installation folder’ (or any Task page that applies to a Package)
‘Select the package to which this task applies’
Drop down is empty
I have 4 Primary packages

I am pretty sure I removed a default Wizard page or 2. Would it work if I tried to put them back? My guess is no.
Thanks
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

I never found a solution to the Wizard page breaking the project. Adding the pages back didnt fix it for me.

MichaelU's solution to the EULA worked tho.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

FWIW, the pages I deleted are:
InstallationRemoval
LicenseAgreement
MaintenanceWelcome
MaintenanceUpdateWelcome
InstallationType

I also added a number of pages.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

My problem was that my packages were all .EXE's and this applies only to MSI packages.

https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?220006-Can-t-Add-Predefined-Page-in-Wizard-Interface-of-Suite-Project
0 Kudos