cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdavidi
Level 4

Adding Virtual directories to existing websites

Greetings!

My installation needs to add a few virtual directories, and rather than gather requirements about the website at runtime, I just wanted to install them to a pre-existing site (most of the time which is Default Web Site).

I have implemented a VBScript custom action that a few other postings linked to, and can successfully capture in a dropdown the user selection. However, I just want to add the virtual directory to this site--I don't necessarily want to modify any of the site's pre-existing configurations (such as read/write access, authentication, session timeouts, etc).

Is there any way to do to instruct InstallShield to effectively ignore any of the web site's properties? I wouldn't want to overwrite something an admin has set for their environment by leaving the default options.

Thanks much!

--jdavidi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

As far as I know, InstallShield will not make any changes to an existing website (or application pool), if it already exists in the system, so you should be fine adding your virtual directories, all the other settings will remain intact.

Regards,
Juan C. Becerra
0 Kudos