cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AHarper
Level 2

Adding Merge Modules to build engine

What step do I need to take to add/update merge modules on a standalone build engine we have that does not have a licensed GUI, just the command line builder.

Thanks Al
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

If I am not mistaken, SAB (standalone build) installer does not include merge modules, which will have to be downloaded separately after the fact. What I did was manually copying merge modules from my dev box to SAB machine, and specify the merge module location with -o switch.
If there are multiple SAB machines, instead of maintaining multiple copies of the same merge modules, alternatively you can copy merge modules to a network share where the dedicated build user would have access to from those SAB machines. However, build could be slower since merge modules are on a network share.
0 Kudos
AHarper
Level 2

Thanks Tsung. Do you know any reputable merge module download sites?
Al
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

If you have InstallShield installed, merge modules will have been installed on the machine. Also, Microsoft Visual Studio would install some too. That's how I got the merge modules for SAB machines.
Alternatively, you can log on to Flexera's Product and License Center, and there would be links to available redistributables for versions you are licensed for.
0 Kudos