cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erenken
Level 3

Activation/Verification big pieces of crap

Well I have wasted the better part of an hour trying to install InstallShield 2008. I got the software installed, but now trying to activate/verify it isn’t working. I have always thought their activation system was a big piece of crap in earlier versions, now I can say I know it is.

When I first clicked verify it was telling me I had to register my software, so I clicked on the register button and typed in my serial number and it tells me that I am already registered, which is what I figured being we bought it direct from Macrovision.

I tried to very a few more times but still the same error, so this time I waited about 15 minutes as I did some other stuff and went to try to verify again, and now it tells me that this account has used up all of its verification attempts. How could I use up all of my verifications when I was never able to get it verified.

I just had to share my install experience.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
LanceRas
Level 7

While I do not like the activation, I have not experienced this problem. I installed, ran, activated over the web and it works.

XP SP2 with IS12 also installed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Please try typing in your serial number with the '-' character between the sets.

It should be something similar to the format:
XXXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXXXXX
0 Kudos
Somebody
Level 3

I have installed InstallShield 2008 on two different PCs now with two different serial numbers (My company purchases three licenses). The first PC did not activate online at first, but after a day or two of additional online attempts - it finally activated.

The second PC also failed to activate on multiple attempts. I finally clicked the offline activation to see if this is something to consider for this PC, and now it does not appear it even lets me go back to try online activation again. So, I am now waiting for email activation.

I did properly format the serial numbers on both PCs, but had activation problems with each one. It does not seem to me the online activation process works very reliably.
0 Kudos