cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDoutel
Level 3

About those installer UI's...?

While I know that the setup.exe is a native Unicode application, I'm wondering whether that Unicode support extends to the installer dialogs, or whether those are in fact codepage based. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Greatly appreciated!
DDoutel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
phill_mn
Level 7

I'm not sure of the context of your question. My InstallScript projects target both European (Latin1) and Asian languages. The InstallScript parses the strings as UNICODE by default and all dialogs work fine. The one exception is a flaw in the layout of a button on the SdLogonUserInformation dialog when used with a skin. But if you run the Asian setup on a system which does not have Asian character sets installed then the strings are a bunch of gibberish. (????????)
0 Kudos
DDoutel
Level 3

phill_mn wrote:
I'm not sure of the context of your question. My InstallScript projects target both European (Latin1) and Asian languages. The InstallScript parses the strings as UNICODE by default and all dialogs work fine. The one exception is a flaw in the layout of a button on the SdLogonUserInformation dialog when used with a skin. But if you run the Asian setup on a system which does not have Asian character sets installed then the strings are a bunch of gibberish. (????????)

phill_mn, you got the context correct. Thank you for the reply! Once again, precisely the answer I needed.

Best regards,
DDoutel
0 Kudos