cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
founoflife
Level 4

About the Condition of the Custom Action During the Uninstall of Major Upgrade

Hi,

I am working on a major upgrade job. One of the major upgrade settings is "Completely uninstall old setup before installing new setup". After this uninstall, I want to implement a custom action. And the problem is the condition of the custom action.

In one of the IS help file, it is mentioned that "If you want a custom action to run only during a major upgrade, use this condition. UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE". I tried, but it did not work. The custom action was not implemented during the uninstall of major upgrade.

Then I tried to put my custom action before or after RemoveExistingProducts in Installation Sequence. And it was not helpful.

After that, I tried to use ActionProperty, by default, it is ISACTIONPROP1, still not working. ><

Any information would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

Need a confirmation. Are you trying to run the custom action during installation in the new release that is being installed, or during uninstallation of the previous version that has been installed and is being uninstalled?
0 Kudos
founoflife
Level 4

The latter one.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

This may be obvious, but is the custom action in the installer that's already installed?
0 Kudos